How Do I Prevent a Vaginal Yeast Infection?
To prevent vaginal yeast infections, try the following:
- Wear cotton or silk underwear, which allows dampness to evaporate, unlike nylon and other synthetics.
- Wash and dry your underwear thoroughly and change them often to prevent dampness.
- Don’t wear a wet bathing suit for any length of time.
- Don’t use douches or deodorant feminine hygiene sprays.
- Don’t leave tampons or sanitary pads in place for a long time.
- Eat yogurt that contains active cultures to add to the good bacteria that help your body control yeast.